"The self is our life's goal, for it is the completest expression of that fateful combination we call individuality."
- Carl Jung
Dynamics of Personality Type takes you deeper on your journey of Self-discovery. It explains how you access and gather information and how you evaluate that information. These are the two basic processes you use every minute of every day in every situation. They are your ways of "knowing" that sustain you. They are also the tools you have to help you step outside the limits of your inborn tendencies and the environmental forces that can unconsciously shape your behavior.
The course includes a popular out-of-print book of the same title as well as some activities, quizzes, and surveys to assist you in your active participation to unlock the dynamics behind the pattern of your own individuality. Use it to help you achieve your life's goal—the complete expression of you.
This course is for people who want to better understand themselves as well as gain a deeper understanding of Jung's Cognitive Processes to ...
- Improve communication
- Increase problem solving
- Accelerate learning
In this on-demand course you will have all the time you need to explore and learn at your own pace.
You will develop a deeper understanding of your personality and a path for reducing internal and external conflict. This course is designed to assist you in feeling complete, whole and understood.
To develop Self Awareness and Self Leadership, you will...
- Identify important aspects of who you really are at your core
- Recognize ways you can get stuck as well as areas where you can grow and develop
- Apply your understanding to your own learning style as well as to understand how others prefer to learn
- Identify ways to use this knowledge to facilitate your own problem solving as well as of others
- Identify your communication style and some ways to communicate better with others
To develop a deep understanding of Jung's Cognitive Processes, you will...
- Develop a deep understanding of the basis of the InterStrength™ Cognitive Dynamics lens
- Recognize the essential qualities of each of the Cognitive Processes
- Recognize the differences among the processes
- Apply your understanding to learning, communication, and problem solving
- Appreciate the richness of Cognitive Dynamics way beyond the personality type code
What you get....
- Access to the whole book by Linda V. Berens, Dynamics of Personality Type, Understanding and Applying Jung’s Cognitive Processes
- Quizzes to help you learn key points
- A downloadable, 27-page Cognitive Dynamics Journal, containing all of the activity worksheets from the book as well as guided reflection pages to help you understand your own Cognitive Dynamics points for development
- Surveys and reflection activities to help you identify your best fit type pattern and your best and worst learning environments
- Thematic, whole type based descriptions to help you identify your problem solving and communication style as well as the styles of others
- Eligibility to participate in the live and interactive Dynamics of Personality Type LAB (Learning, Application, Breakthroughs). This offering will be scheduled in the near future as a monthly session.
- A solid foundation in understanding the Cognitive Dynamics lens should you decide to pursue InterStrength™ Certification
- Problem Solving and Communication
- Essential Characteristics of the Perceiving Processes and Problem Solving
- Essential Characteristics of the Judging Processes and Problem Solving
- Exploring Your Extraverted and Introverted Processes
- Problem-Solving in Less Preferred Roles
- Problem Solving and Communication Principles and Look-Alikes
- 16 Problem-Solving and Communication Patterns
Senior Learning Facilitator
About the instructor
Linda V. Berens, Ph.D. is a human and organizational development practitioner who has been teaching professionals since 1982 as well as helping individuals and teams recognize their strengths, transcend their weaknesses, and work together better. Linda is recognized internationally in the field of individual differences, developing an innovative, robust system of exploring CORE Personal Patterns to foster development of individuals, teams, and organizations.
A warm, engaging teacher, she has contributed to the success of many professional change agents through her theoretical contributions to the field of psychological type and user-friendly training materials for practical application of understanding individual differences. She is the author or co-author of multiple books and training materials.
In addition to holding a license as a California Marriage and Family Therapist and a doctorate in psychology, she also holds certification as a Holacracy Facilitator and in Integral Transformative Leadership from Pacific Integral and the LIOS Graduate College at Saybrook University.