Join our community of people who are seeking a solid framework for deeply understanding themselves and others to consciously navigate a rapidly changing and uncertain world, so that we can empower ourselves, and others, to feel whole, complete and understood. Learn ways to improve communication, deepen motivation, manage stress, and facilitate self-discovery for others.
Learn to use the InterStrength™ Approach with the powerful Essential Motivators lens that is...
- A framework that quickly identifies deep, core motivations and talents to inform important life decisions and awareness
- Built on the wisdom of many great thinkers that go back over 25 centuries, articulated as 'Temperament' by David Keirsey in the 1980's, and enriched by Linda Berens
- A way of understanding ourselves and others that helps build self-esteem, improve communication, resolve tension points, and increase positive regard
- An elegant, solid theory of individual differences that integrates with the 16 Jungian based personality types
This live and online Certification program is for professional practitioners who want to…
- Have a tool and framework to help clients identify, and realign with, deep and persistent sources of motivation as well as manage stress stress
- Provide practices for their clients for improving relationships and communication and more effectively deal with conflict, decisions, and energy
- Learn more about personality differences using the practical InterStrength™ Essential Motivator Lens
- Get a firm grounding in how to use the InterStrength™ Approach to foster personal and interpersonal development using the Essential Motivators model
- Have a new tool in their toolkit that links to the 16 Jungian based Personality Types
- Have their knowledge and skill level recognized through Certification
- Join a community of practitioners who are dedicated to self-development as well as providing excellence to their clients
Attendance in the course is limited to 20 people to ensure a learning environment with more interaction and personal attention. We will be following best practices for transforming classroom programs into a positive, online learning environment. There will be group activities, intersession assignments, and application work as well.
What you get:
- 10 live, Online Sessions for Deep, Rich Learning , Community and Applications
- 10 live, one-hour discussion sessions on the Monday following the Friday course sessions.
- Knowledge, resources, and capacity to create a variety of development experiences
- An actionable coaching framework to use with your clients
- 4 booklets from the Understanding Yourself and Others Series authored or co-authored by Dr. Berens
- 5 different practical job aids
- Worksheets and handouts
- The Guide for Facilitating Self-Discovery Process (Essential Motivators section) with scripted lesson plans and applications activities
- Up to date PowerPoint files you can customize to fit into your work
- 2 hours (or more) individual time with Dr. Berens (greater than $500 value), plus 4 more hours of caring feedback on your work
- Discounted rate on 1 on 1 coaching sessions with Linda Berens or Stephanie Berens
- And after completion of assessments, you will be InterStrength Essential Motivators Certified
- Plus if you also complete the InterStrength Interaction Styles and InterStrength Cognitive Dynamics certification courses, you will eligible to apply for InterStrength™ Self-Discovery Practitioner Certification.
In addition you will have a free lifetime membership in the private InterStrength online-community where we foster peer-to-peer learning. You can ask questions, share insights, and have insightful discussions with your learning cohort.
- Receive the latest thoughts and insights from the desk of Linda Berens
- Share insights and examples organized by each of the InterStrength lenses
- Get access to articles and resources to enhance your learning
- Ask questions and hear the thoughts of your peers and mentors
- Reply and comment on articles and posts
October 21, 2022- January 13, 2023
The 2-hour live, on-line sessions will take place on Friday mornings 9-11 am (Pacific Time). (There are no sessions on November 26, and December 23 and 30.)
The live one-hour discussion sessions take pace on the Monday following the Friday course sessions at 4 pm Pacific time.
If you have questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Graduates of our prior licensing workshops, please contact us if you are interested in updating to the Certification.
We will be using the user friendly Zoom platform for our live, online discussions and another online platform where your course materials will be available to you. You will do best using a computer or a larger tablet so visuals display large enough to read easily. Your experience will be better if you have the bandwidth to turn on video so you can see other participants in our breakout groups. You will need a headset with microphone to keep external noise down and you can participate more freely. You will receive all the technical information you need when we send you the links to log in.
How it works:
The 10 live sessions take place from 9-11 am, Los Angeles time, starting October 21, 2022 and ending January 13, 2023. One-hour group discussions sessions are held at 4 pm Pacific time on Monday's following each Friday session.
Other learning experiences are on your own time frame using the Thinkific learning platform.
- Once you register we will arrange for your individual discovery session with Dr. Linda Berens.
- Get started by reviewing the first modules in the course.
- Attend the 10 course sessions live if at all possible. If you have to miss a session, watch the recording and complete the assignments so you can be ready for the next session. These live sessions are rich with learnings from your cohort in breakout groups as well as with Dr. Berens.
- Before each session complete your assignments to deepen your knowledge and apply what you learn. Assignments should take about 2 hours each week or less, except for preparation for the practicum assignment, which will take more.
- You will have a practicum assignment to deliver a mini workshop or do a 1-on-1 session.
- Complete the assignments and knowledge assessments required during the program and participate in the private InterStrength Certification Community platform.
InterStrength™ Practitioner Code of Ethics
Live Session Details
Help with Zoom
Navigating Inside Zoom Meetings
Participating in Live Sessions
Link and Dates for Sessions to Add to Your Calendar
Assignment: Autobiographical Survey
Living Systems: Please watch this video.
When you have time: Overview of Multiple Models: Happiness in the Communication Zone™ Videos
An Overview Video: Why? Why? Why?
InterStrength CORE™ Approach Files to Download
License Agreement for the Guide to Facilitating the Self-Discovery Process
Successfully Complete Ethics Course
Your Essential Motivators Story
Self-Discovery Facilitation Project Report
Discussion Group Participation
Zoom Link for Session 1: Friday, October 21, 2022, 9 am -11 am Pacific Time
Required before Session 1: Getting Started: Setting the Frame
Fritjof Capra, Living Systems, and Mindwalk video
Session 1 Recordings
Link and Recording Essential Motivators Certification Session 1 Discussion Monday, October 24, 2022, 4:00 pm Pacific Time. Link and Recording
Zoom Link for Session 2: October 28, 2022, 9 am - 11 am Pacific Time
Homework to Prepare for Session 2
Optional Video: Exploring Essential Motivator Talents
Do Before Session 2: Essential Motivator Patterns for Self-Discovery includes Video
Deepen Your Understanding
Session 2 Recordings
Session 2 Follow Up: Mindfulness Practice: Engaging Your Talents
Link and Recording Essential Motivators Certification Session 2 Discussion Monday, October 31, 2022, 4:00 pm Pacific Time. Link and Recording
About this course
- 90 lessons
- 0 hours of video content
All of the tools and processes provided in the certification program are perfect for guiding a client through the self-discovery process.
I just wanted to personally thank you for all of your insights and wisdom. I really enjoyed the class and the whole process. You are so receptive, responsive and really went out of your way to create a personal connection which made all of the difference and is much appreciated. I wish I could jump right into another class with you but I will have to pace myself a bit.
Thank you for sharing so generously of your time, talent and perspective. You are tireless in working to meet the needs of so many different learners. This was an amazing course.
I feel honored to have so much interaction with Linda. She was so generous with herself and her time.
I have been an OD practitioner and executive coach for a couple of decades, and certified in a variety of typologies. Yet this certification not only provided additional tools to help me be a better professional, the validating and affirming insights I gained from the self-discovery process, has made me a better person. THANK-YOU!
About Your Instructors:
Linda V. Berens
Linda V. Berens serves as co-founder of InterStrength, lead architect of certification, model development and transformational change programs for InterStrength. She is a human and organizational development practitioner who has been teaching professionals since 1982 as well as helping individuals and teams recognize their strengths, transcend their weaknesses, and work more efficiently together. After founding Temperament Research Institute in 1983, a corporate consulting and training organization dedicated to individual differences, she turned her attention to developing a more complete and integrated look at individual differences through the Integral framework. Linda is recognized internationally for her theoretical contributions to the field of psychological type and for developing user-friendly training materials for practical application of understanding individual differences.She is the author or co-author of multiple books and training materials.
In addition to holding a license as a California Marriage and Family Therapist and a doctorate in psychology, she also holds certification as a Holacracy Facilitator and in Integral Transformative Leadership from Pacific Integral and the LIOS Graduate College at Saybrook University.
3 Certification Combination February 4, 2022 through September 17, 2022, with $800 discount3 Courses
All 3 certification programs with an $800 discount. Leads to InterStrength™ Self-Discovery Practitioner Certification.
InterStrength™ Cognitive Dynamics Certification 2022 Starts May 6, 2022
The Berens Cognitive Dynamics lens provides you with a clear, deep understanding of the Jungian basis for how we tend to think about things. It goes beyond confusion to mastery with usable tools and easy to understand language.
InterStrength Interaction Styles™ Certification 2022 Starts July 29, 2022
The Berens Interaction Styles lens helps establish rapport and greatly affects relationships. It is the most easily observed aspect of your CORE since it is embodied in your communications and movements.