Learn to use the InterStrength™ Approach with the powerful Essential Motivators lens that is...
- A framework that quickly identifies deep, core motivations and talents to inform important life decisions and awareness
- Built on the wisdom of many great thinkers that go back over 25 centuries, articulated as 'Temperament' by David Keirsey in the 1980's, and enriched by Linda Berens
- A way of understanding ourselves and others that helps build self-esteem and positive regard
- An elegant, solid theory of individual differences that integrates with the 16 Jungian based personality types
This live and online Certification program is for professional practitioners who want to…
- Have a tool and framework to help clients identify, and realign with, deep and persistent sources of motivation as well as manage stress stress
- Provide practices for their clients for improving relationships and dealing with conflict, decisions, and energy
- Learn more about personality differences using the practical InterStrength™ Essential Motivator Lens
- Get a firm grounding in how to use the InterStrength™ Approach to foster personal and interpersonal development using the Essential Motivators model
- Have a new tool in their toolkit that links to the 16 Jungian based Personality Types
- Have their knowledge and skill level recognized through Certification
- Join a community of practitioners who are dedicated to self-development as well as providing excellence to their clients
Attendance in the course is limited to 18 people to ensure a learning environment with more interaction and personal attention. We will be following best practices for transforming classroom programs into a positive, online learning environment. There will be group activities, intersession assignments, and application work as well.
How it works:The 9 live sessions take place from 9-11 am, Los Angeles time, starting January 17, 2020 and ending March 13. Other learning experiences are on your own time frame using the Thinkific learning platform.
- Once you register we will arrange for your individual discovery session with Dr. Linda Berens.
- Get started by reviewing the first modules in the course
- Attend the 9 course sessions live if at all possible. If you have to miss a session, watch the recording and complete the assignments so you can be ready for the next session. These live sessions are rich with learnings from your cohort in breakout groups as well as with Dr. Berens
- Before each session complete your assignments to deepen your knowledge and apply what you learn. Assignments should take about 2 hours each week, except for preparation for the practicum assignment, which will take more.
- You will have a practicum assignment to deliver a mini workshop or do a 1-on-1 session.
- Complete the assignments and knowledge assessments required during the program and participate in the private InterStrength Community platform.
What you get:
- A great learning experience
- Knowledge, resources, and capacity to create a variety of development experiences
- An actionable coaching framework to use with your clients
- 4 booklets from the Understanding Yourself and Others Series authored or co-authored by Dr. Berens
- 5 different practical job aids
- Worksheets and handouts
- The Guide for Facilitating Self-Discovery Process (Essential Motivators version) with scripted lesson plans and applications activities
- PowerPoint files you can customize to fit into your work
- 2 hours (or more) individual time with Dr. Berens (greater than $500 value), plus 4 more hours of caring feedback on your work
- And after completion of assessments, you will be InterStrength Essential Motivators Certified
- Plus if you complete the InterStrength Interaction Styles and InterStrength Cognitive Dynamics certification courses, you will eligible to apply for InterStrength CORE™ Certification.
In addition you will receive a 1-year free membership in the private InterStrength online-community where we foster peer-to-peer learning. In a private circle for your course cohort, you can ask questions, share insights, and have insightful discussions with your learning cohort. You will have unlimited access to the cohort circle for as long as we are using that platform.
Upon completion of the course sessions, you will also be invited to join the larger certified community in the Network+ Circle where you will continue to share with a broader group and...
- Receive the latest thoughts and insights from the desk of Linda Berens
- Share insights and examples organized by each of the InterStrength lenses
- Get access to articles and resources to enhance your learning
- Ask questions and hear the thoughts of your peers and mentors
- Reply and comment on articles and posts
January 17 - March 13, 2020
The 2-hour live, on-line sessions will take place on Friday mornings 9-11 am (Pacific Time).
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates of our prior licensing workshops, please contact us if you are interested in updating to the Certification.
We will be using the user friendly Zoom platform for our live, online discussions and another online platform where your course materials will be available to you. You will do best using a computer or a larger tablet so visuals display large enough to read easily. Your experience will be better if you have the bandwidth to turn on video so you can see other participants in our breakout groups. You will need a headset with microphone to keep external noise down and you can participate more freely. You will receive all the technical information you need when we send you the links to log in.
- Zoom Link for Session 2: January 25, 9 am - 11 am Pacific Time
- Homework to Prepare for Session 2
- Do Before Session 2: Essential Motivator Patterns for Self-Discovery
- Optional Video: Exploring Essential Motivator Talents
- Deepen Your Understanding
- What's Nature, What's Nurture: Video
- Session 2 Recordings
- Zoom Link for Session 3: January 31, 2020, 9 am - 11 am Pacific Time
- Homework to Prepare for Session 3 (Includes Video)
- Session 3 Recordings
- Essential Motivators 2020A participants writing about the photo
- Other Stories about the Picture
- Other Writing Samples: Abstract or Concrete Language
- More Writing Samples from Session 3
- Homework: Measuring Personality Type
- Zoom Link for Session 6: February 21, 2020, 9 am - 11 am Pacific Time
- 2019 Target Changes
- Targets Assignment for Session 6
- Session 6 Recordings
- 1 on 1 and Clarifying Best-Fit
- Essential Motivator Biases
- Using Typology Instruments with Essential Motivators and Links to the Type Code
- Zoom Link for Session 9: March 13, 2020, 9 am - 11 am Pacific Time
- Homework for Session 9: Essential Motivators Certification Project Overview
- Homework for Session 9: Presenting Essential Motivator Patterns 40 minutes Video
- Homework before Session 9: Berens CORE Practitioner Guide
- Homework for Session 9: Review Facilitation and Practitioner Documents
- Identifying Others Clues Cheat Sheet and Full Types and Character Book
- Session 9 Recordings
- Essential Motivators Project Discussion
- Resources Mentioned in the Course
All of the tools and processes provided in the certification program are perfect for guiding a client through the self-discovery process.
I just wanted to personally thank you for all of your insights and wisdom. I really enjoyed the class and the whole process. You are so receptive, responsive and really went out of your way to create a personal connection which made all of the difference and is much appreciated. I wish I could jump right into another class with you but I will have to pace myself a bit.
Thank you for sharing so generously of your time, talent and perspective. You are tireless in working to meet the needs of so many different learners. This was an amazing course.
I feel honored to have so much interaction with Linda. She was so generous with herself and her time.
I have been an OD practitioner and executive coach for a couple of decades, and certified in a variety of typologies. Yet this certification not only provided additional tools to help me be a better professional, the validating and affirming insights I gained from the self-discovery process, has made me a better person. THANK-YOU!
About Your Instructors:
Linda V. Berens
Linda V. Berens serves as co-founder of InterStrength, lead architect of certification, model development and transformational change programs for InterStrength. She is a human and organizational development practitioner who has been teaching professionals since 1982 as well as helping individuals and teams recognize their strengths, transcend their weaknesses, and work more efficiently together. After founding Temperament Research Institute in 1983, a corporate consulting and training organization dedicated to individual differences, she turned her attention to developing a more complete and integrated look at individual differences through the Integral framework. Linda is recognized internationally for her theoretical contributions to the field of psychological type and for developing user-friendly training materials for practical application of understanding individual differences.She is the author or co-author of multiple books and training materials.
In addition to holding a license as a California Marriage and Family Therapist and a doctorate in psychology, she also holds certification as a Holacracy Facilitator and in Integral Transformative Leadership from Pacific Integral and the LIOS Graduate College at Saybrook University.
Or choose a payment plan of 5 monthly payments of $315 each.
If you are using a special link with a discount and want a payment plan, contact us. Do not use the following link.