How can we as individuals and type professionals create more love in the world? What can we do to bridge divides that are behind many of the problems in the world today?
This is an intimate, in-person, practice oriented 7-hour masterclass from 8:30 am -5:00 pm with Linda Berens on July 26, following the Association for Psychological Type International 2020 conference in the Chicago area. (Note: Linda Berens and other type experts will be presenting at this conference, so you may want to attend the conference, the early registration rate ends April 21)
- Masterclass attendance is limited to 20 people.
- Lunch and refreshments are included.
- Logistical information will be sent soon after you sign up.
- A Building Love in the World workbook will be provided. (Since this is a masterclass for those already experienced with the lenses, It is highly recommended that you have reviewed the four Understanding Yourself and Others workbooks before the masterclass portion. You can purchase these at this link with a discount for the bundle.)
Our agenda will include
- Completing the on-demand course work before the in-person session starts.
- Showing up at the venue by 8:30 am for refreshments and meet and greet.
- Sharing of intentions
- Deep practices to develop our own capacity to love ourselves and others
- Bridging differences through understanding and honoring multiple perspectives to build more love in the world
- Developing greater patience and capacity for responding to triggers and understanding all sides of challenging issues
The prerequisite can be met by being an InterStrength™ alum or by completing the Free on-demand InterStrength™ Foundations course embedded in this course for a basic understanding of the InterStrength™ lenses and approach. If you are not familiar with the InterStrength™ Approach and lenses, please complete the on-demand portion of the Creating Love in the World masterclass that is described below.
InterStrength™ Foundations provides an overview of The InterStrength™ Approach to self-awareness and self-management using three interrelated lenses that describe us at our core.
- The Interaction Style lens
- The Essential Motivators lens
- The Cognitive Dynamics lens
In the on demand, InterStrength™ Foundations component you will
- Gain an understanding of the basic principles we follow in the InterStrength™ Approach
- Gain an overview of the Interaction Styles, Essential Motivators, and Cognitive Dynamics lenses so you can better understand the kinds of information each lens provides.
- Begin to identify where you fit within these lenses.
Location: This masterclass follows the Association for Psychological Type Conference. The conference takes place in the suburb of Rosemont, which is about a 10-minute ride from O’Hare Airport. Here’s the link to the Hyatt Rosemont. The hotel has a 24-hour free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. You will be able to get the rate of $119 per night and a parking rate of $10 per night for those who drive or rent a car. These are great deals for the Chicago area.
The masterclass will take place in a conference room in a business that is about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. More information will be provided after you register.
Meals and refreshments will be provided as will materials.
Foundation Course Curriculum
Senior Learning Facilitator
About the instructor
Linda V. Berens, Ph.D. is a human and organizational development practitioner who has been teaching professionals since 1982 as well as helping individuals and teams recognize their strengths, transcend their weaknesses, and work together better. Linda is recognized internationally in the field of individual differences, developing an innovative, robust system of exploring CORE Personal Patterns to foster development of individuals, teams, and organizations.
A warm, engaging teacher, she has contributed to the success of many professional change agents through her theoretical contributions to the field of psychological type and user-friendly training materials for practical application of understanding individual differences. She is the author or co-author of multiple books and training materials.
In addition to holding a license as a California Marriage and Family Therapist and a doctorate in psychology, she also holds certification as a Holacracy Facilitator and in Integral Transformative Leadership from Pacific Integral and the LIOS Graduate College at Saybrook University.